QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
Vetiver essential oil’s aroma is earthy, eclectic, and exotic. It originates from a perennial grass native to the tropical regions in Asia. Because Vetiver is produced from the steam distillation of the plant’s root, the oil has a woodsy scent. It was used in ancient times, and the oil’s popularity still exists as an ingredient in colognes and fragrances—especially for men—as well as in soaps and moisturizers. Vetiver is great to diffuse in work and study areas because its diverse aroma helps create an uplifting environment. Due to its viscosity, we recommend diluting Vetiver with a carrier oil.
- Vetiver Essential Oil contains a heavy, earthy fragrance that is best used for grounding, relaxing, calming and stabilizing.
- Vetiver (Vetiveria zizanioides) Essential Oil is original from Haiti, Ecuador.
- The extraction method of Vetiver Essential Oil is steam distilled from root.
- Special oils for ADD, ADHD, anxiety, calming effects on emotions.
- Vetiver has been used by ancient tribal cultures for centuries.
Diffusing Vetiver’s earthy, exotic aroma can help promote a nostalgic, focused environment. You can also add it to your skin care cream to support the appearance of an even skin tone.
[ Tips from Skin18 ]
- Skincare: Apply 2-4 drops directly on location to reduce the appearance of dark spots. In case of sensitive skin, dilute as needed in V-6.
- Healthcare: Found in preliminary clinical tests that may be successful in the treatment of ADD and ADHD (attention deficit disorders) in children.
- Bathing: Combine 5 drops of Vetiver and Coconut oil for an relaxing bath. Or combine Vetiver and Cederwood oil for a relaxing & unwind bath.
- Inhale: Can inhale directly.
- Diffuse: insert 3-6 drops of Vetiver Essential Oil with distilled water in a diffuser to create a relaxing space for clear thinking environment. Diffuse up to 1 hour, 3 times a day.
- DIY tips: Can combine 3 drops of Vetiver, 5 drops of Lavender and 2 drops of Ylang Ylang for a calming diffuser blend for a relaxing scent at home, also great for sleeping support
[ How to use ]
- May help appearance of even skin tone
- Apply topically before sleep and let the aroma create peaceful, comfortable sleeping environment
- Add a few drops of Vetiver to V-6 and massage it on skin for a dual benefit: a calming aroma and the appearance of an even skin tone.
- Has an earthy, balancing aroma
- Aromatic features promote a focused environment and a calm, relaxing atmosphere
- Dilute Vetiver’s earthy aroma with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and diffuse it around the house or in your office to promote a focused environment.
- Add 5–10 drops of Vetiver to your hot bath for a relaxing, calming aroma to ease occasional restlessness as part of your bedtime routine.
- Combine V-6, 3 drops of Lavender, and 2 drops of Vetiver for a calming diffuser blend that’s perfect for a relaxing evening after a long day of work.
- Free your mind for an important project in a study or den with its relaxing, welcoming fragrance.
- Set the mood for sleep by filling your bedroom with its grounding, soothing aroma.
- Treat yourself to a spa-like retreat by infusing your bathroom with its exotic scent.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily
[ Size ] 5 ml (0.17 oz) ~ 100 drops of essential oil
[ Ingredients ]
- Vetiveria zizanoides† (Vetiver) root oil
- † 100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil
- Isovalencenol (1-16%)
- Khusimol (7-215)
- Alpha-Vetivone (2-7%)
- Beta-Vetivone (4-14%)
- Beta-Vetivenene (1-8%)
A little story about this oil:
- SCIENTIFIC NAME: Vetiveria zizanoides
- BOTANICAL FAMILY: Poaceae
- REGIONS FOUND: Haiti, Ecuador
- PLANT PART USED: Root
- EXTRACTION METHOD: Steam distilled
- REGION: Most Young Living Vetiver essential oil comes from Haiti.