QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
Peppermint essential oil provides a familiar, recognizable scent, but Peppermint is so much more than just a nostalgic, fresh aroma. This oil can be diffused to create a stimulating, focused atmosphere for daily tasks. You can also apply it topically to create a cool, tingling sensation on the skin, which can be very soothing after hard physical activity. We recommend using Peppermint essential oil aromatically or topically anytime you want to add a pleasant variety to your routine!
- Peppermint Essential Oil is one of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for soothing digestion, it is a highly regarded digestive stimulant.
- Peppermint (Mentha Piperita) is original from North America, Mediterranean area and Great Britain.
- The extraction method of peppermint essential oil is steam distilled from leaves and stems.
- It can be used to cool off the skin or diffused for a scent with a peaceful feeling.
- It is a great oil for beginner and a MUST HAVE for every home.
- Peppermint also can help on the liver and respiratory system.
Peppermint essential oil has an invigorating aroma that can help create a focused environment when diffused and can create a cooling sensation when applied topically, especially after physical activity.
- Cools fatigued muscles after physical activity
- Produces a focused environment when diffused
- Provides a refreshing experience when mixed with your favorite shampoo or when applied to skin after a warm day in the sun
- Creates an invigorating and refreshing experience when inhaled
[ Tips from Skin18 ]
- Skincare: Dilute 1 portion of peppermint essential oil with 4 portion of V-6 vegetable oil / olive oil and apply directly to surface for a cooling function for the skin.
- Inhale: Can inhale peppermint oil directly for freshness.
- Diffuse: insert 3-6 drops of Peppermint oil with distilled water in a diffuser as air refreshing or to banish stale odors. Diffuse up to 10 minutes, 3 times a day.
- Massage: use a few drop of peppermint oils, dilute with base oil (1:1) and use as a post-workout massage.
- Spray: mix oil with distilled water on a spray bottle to spray to the pillow for a restful night of sleep.
- Spa: Add Peppermint and Eucalyptus Radiata to hot bath water and enjoy the relaxing, invigorating scent and aromatic steam.
- DIY tips: Dilute 1 portion of peppermint essential oil with 4 portion of V-6 vegetable oil / other vegetable oil or olive oil. Apply directly to location.
- Peppermint is in the same plant family with Lavender and Rosemary, can diffuse the oils of all together for a fresh aroma that uplifts the spirit.
[ How to use ]
- Put focus first in study areas with this crisp, cool aroma.
- Wake up shared family spaces first thing in the morning by infusing them with this icy scent.
- Refresh your cooldown space after a vigorous workout with its chilling fragrance.
- Diffuse Peppermint while working or around kids while doing their homework for an environment that is focused and energized.
- Add Peppermint to hot bathwater and enjoy the revitalizing scent and soothing aromatic steam.
- Inhale or apply it to your chest before and during a tough workout for a stimulating scent.
- Apply it topically to fatigued areas following physical activity for a cooling sensation.
Topical: Dilute 1 drop with 4 drops of V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex or olive oil. Test on a small area of skin on the underside of your arm and apply to desired area as needed.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 10 minutes 3 times daily.
CAUTIONS: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Not intended for use on infants.
[ Size ] 15 ml (0.5 oz) ~ 300 drops of essential oil
[ Ingredients ]
- Mentha piperita† (Peppermint) oil
- †100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil
- Menthol (45-50%)
- Menthone (12-44%)
- Menthofuran (0.5-5%)
- 1.8-Cineole (Eucalyptol) (1-8%)
- Isomenthone (1-7%)
- Neomenthol (1.5-7%)
- Pulegone (0.5-3%)
- Menthyl Acetate (1-18%)
A little story about this oil:
SCIENTIFIC NAME: Mentha piperita
- BOTANICAL FAMILY: Lamiaceae
- REGIONS FOUND: North America, Mediterranean area, Great Britain
- PLANT PART USED: Leaves and stems
- EXTRACTION METHOD: Steam distilled
- YL REGION: The majority of Young Living Peppermint essential oil comes from the U.S.
- Peppermint essential oil joined the Young Living family in 1994.