QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Other than diffusing lemon, can I use Lemon essential oil to clean my skin?
Lemon essential oil is highly concentrated and a complete natural ingredident, other than diffusing for inhalation, it can also be diluted and applied topically to your skin. You can add lemon oil to your skin care products (only 1-2 drops) to reduce the appearance of blemishes, lemon carries a whitening / brightening skin functions.
With its bright and joyful aroma, Lemon essential oil benefits skin and hair as much as its aroma enhances your environment. This best-selling oil can be used in a variety of ways: Mix it with your cleaning products, use it during your nighttime skin care routine, or add a drop to your conditioner for a great scent. This oil is a key ingredient in many hair and skin care products, Thieves® cleaning products, and essential oil blends such as Thieves®, Citrus Fresh™, Clarity™, Joy™ and Harmony™. Because citrus oil can cause photosensitivity, avoid applying Lemon to exposed skin before spending time outside.
- Lemon Essential Oil is used worldwide and well known for its function on cleaners and soap with its refreshing scent.
- Lemon (Citrus Limon) is a kind of plant that is originally from California, US and Italy.
- The extraction method of lemon essential oil is use cold pressed from rind. It takes 3,000 lemons to produce 1 kilogram of oil.
- Lemon has antiseptic-like properties.
- Lemon essential oil contains compounds that amplify immunity.
- Lemon promotes circulation, leukocyte formation and lymphatic function.
- This is a wonderful oil blended with fresh, floral, clean, and relaxing function.
- It is a great oil for beginner and a MUST HAVE for every home.
- Lemon is popular and naturally occurring constituent limonene.
Includes the naturally occurring constituents linalyl acetate, linalool, and ocimene
Lemon essential oil has a cheerful, sweet aroma that can freshen and fill your home with its clean, lemon-drop scent when diffused.
[ Tips from Skin18 ]
- Skincare: add lemon oil to your skin care products to reduce the appearance of blemishes, lemon carries a whitening / brightening skin functions.
- Haircare: add lemon oil to conditioner and DIY hair masques to give your hair a smoother, shinier look.
- Healthcare evening routine: Rub oil on the bottom of your feet before bed.
- Diffuse: insert 3-6 drops of Lemon oil with distilled water in a diffuser as air refreshing or to banish stale odors. Diffuse up to 1 hour, 3 times a day.
- Massage: use a few drop of oils, dilute with base oil (1:1) and apply on chakras and/or Vita Flex points.
- Spray: mix oil with distilled water on a spray bottle to spray to the pillow for a restful night of sleep.
- Cleanser: add a few drops directly to floor, window, and surface as cleaning solutions
- DIY tips: Dilute 1 portion of lemon essential oil with 1 portion of V-6 vegetable oil / other vegetable oil. Apply directly to location.
- This is the best oil to blend with many other oils with skin and health benefits; also great oil for weight loss.
[ How to use ]
- Add Lemon to skin care products to possibly help reduce the appearance of aging.
- Use it to help remove adhesives.
- Make Lemon a part of your nighttime beauty routine by mixing 1–2 drops with your favorite beauty products. It will reduce the appearance of aging for a youthful complexion.
- Keep Lemon on hand for its clean, energizing, and invigorating aroma.
- Diffuse it to create a more focused environment.
- Use its aroma to create an uplifting atmosphere.
- Diffuse Lemon when the atmosphere is melancholy for a boost of cheer.
- Diffuse it at work or school for a bright aroma that creates a sense of focus and motivation.
- Boost your daily cleaning regimen by adding a few drops to your floor, window, or surface cleaning solutions.
- Fill the kitchen with a dose of Lemon’s familiar lemon-drop aroma to take clean to a whole new level.
- Banish everyday odors in your living room or family room by combining Lemon with other purifying scents such as Pine, Grapefruit, or Peppermint.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
[ Size ] 15 ml (0.5 oz) ~ 300 drops of essential oil
[ Ingredients ]
- Citrus limon† (Lemon) peel oil
- † 100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil
- Limonene (59-73%)
- Gamma-Terpinene (6-12%)
- Beta-Pinene (7-16%)
- Alpha-Pinene (1.5-3%)
- Sabinene (1.5-3%)
A little story about this oil:
Originally from regions in Asia, the lemon tree wasn’t common in Europe until the 16th century. It is a part of the evergreen family and reaches a height of about 20 feet. From those trees, 75 lemons are required to make one 15-ml bottle of Lemon essential oil. This is accomplished by cold pressing the rinds of the lemons, producing an oil with the aroma of freshly picked fruit.
- SCIENTIFIC NAME: Citrus limon
- BOTANICAL FAMILY: Rutaceae
- REGIONS FOUND: Argentina, South Africa, Italy, Asia, California
- PLANT PART USED: Rind
- EXTRACTION METHOD: Cold pressed
- YL REGION: Most Young Living Lemon essential oil comes from Argentina and South Africa.
- Lemon essential oil joined the Young Living family in 1994.
About Young Living:
- Young Living believes in the integrity and effectiveness of products.
- Young Living Seed to Seal(TM) guarantee demonstrates commitment to quality on the highest level. When using Young Living essential oils, they are the top one percent grade that cannot be imitated by anyone... anywhere else. This is because sources of those oils are personally controlled by the brand - from the planting of the seeds to bottling the final distilled product.