QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
Known for its gentle, woodsy aroma, Copaiba essential oil is a product of steam distilling the gum resin tapped from the Brazilian Copaifera reticulata tree. Copaiba oil has high levels of beta-caryophyllene and a uniquely sweet aromatic profile, which helps create a relaxing atmosphere when it is diffused or applied topically. Copaiba is a great addition to your daily routine and skin care. Add it to a neutral moisturizer to utilize its natural fragrance and moisturizing properties. It can also be applied following activity for a comforting cooldown.
- Copaiba Essential Oil has been used historically for all types of pain and inflammatory disorder, both internally (stomach ulcers and cancer) and externally (skin disorders and insect bites)
- Copaiba (Copal) is original from Brazil.
- The extraction method of Copaiba essential oil is steam distilled (vacuum distilled) from gum resin exudate from tapped trees.
- This oil can soothe anxious feelings which can also support a healthy immune system.
- Well known for its high levels of etacaryophyllene and a sweet aroma
[ Tips from Skin18 ]
- Skincare: use a few drop of Copaiba oils, can also dilute with vegetable oil, for insect bites or skin disorders.
- Skincare (Acne): can be used effectively reduce the appearance of acne.
- Inhale: Can inhale Copaiba oil directly.
- Diffuse: insert 3-6 drops of Copaiba oil with distilled water in a diffuser as air refreshing or to banish stale odors. Diffuse up to 1 hour, 3 times a day.
- Massage: Use a few drop of Copaiba oils, no dilution needed, massage directly to surface as pain reliever or anti-inflammatory purposes.
- DIY tips: Dilution not required. Apply directly to location except for the most sensitive skin.
[ How to use ]
- Can be massaged into fatigued areas after activity
- Can be applied to skin to promote the appearance of a youthful, radiant glow
- Dilute with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and massage on fatigued areas after exercise for a relaxing cooldown. To add a cooling sensation, combine Copaiba with Peppermint or Wintergreen essential oils.
- Create a natural beard oil with Copaiba, a lightweight carrier oil, and a complementary oil such as Northern Lights Black Spruce or Peppermint.
- Provides a calming aroma
- Can be diffused to create a warm, inviting environment
- Diffuse it to create a warm, inviting space. Create a custom blend by adding oils such as Cedarwood or Cinnamon Bark.
- Cool down at home after a strenuous workout with the nostalgic, woodsy aroma.
- Blend the steam from your shower with a sweet, earthy scent to revitalize after a busy day at the office.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
[ Size ] 15 ml (0.5 oz) ~ 300 drops of essential oil
[ Ingredients ]
- Copaifera officinalis† (Balsam copaiba) resin
- †100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil
- Alpha-Copaene (2-5%)
- Alpha-Humulene (6-10%)
- Beta-Caryophyllene (39-72%)
- Delta-Cadinene (2-3%)
- Delta-Elemene (2-3%)
- Gamma-Elemene (1-8%)
- Germacrene D (4-6%)
- Trans-Alpha-Bergamontene (3-11%)
A little story about this oil:
- SCIENTIFIC NAME: Copaifera officinalis
- BOTANICAL FAMILY: Fabaceae
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Balsam Copaiba
- REGION FOUND: Brazil
- PLANT PART USED: Gum resin
- EXTRACTION METHOD: Steam distilled (vacuum distilled)
- YL REGION: Most Young Living Copaiba essential oil comes from Brazil.