QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
Citronella oil is steam distilled from the leafy parts of the citronella plant, also known as Cymbopogon nardus. Thanks to its fresh, welcoming aroma, Citronella essential oil is a common element in perfumes and cosmetic products and is well known for its use in outdoor candles, sprays, lotions, and other camping and outdoor essentials.
As a relative of Lemongrass, Citronella has a slight citrus scent that provides a pleasant and inviting experience whenever it’s used. Its versatility makes it a great household product to add to your beauty routine or to refresh indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Citronella Essential Oil can refresh the air by diffusing for pet odors and brining a refreshing scene from the nature.
- Citronella (Cymbopogon nardus) Essential Oil is original from Sri Lanka.
- The extraction method of Citronella Essential Oil is steam distrilled from aerial parts and leaves.
- Used by various cultures to treat intestinal parasities, menstrual problems and as a stimulant.
- Citronella can relieve muscle / nerve pain.
- Can apply Citronella oil for skin problems such as acne, eczema and oily skin, it can be an enhancer for penetration.
- Can create a summer spray on the skin to as an enhancement for insect repelling properties.
[ Tips from Skin18 ]
- Skincare: Dilute one drop of Citronelle Essential Oil and one drop of V-6 or olive oil and apply to the skin for oily skin, it is a great moisturizer to add to the beauty routine.
- Healthcare: Might help on colds, fatigue, flue, headaches or minor infections by applying by diluting 1 drop of Citronelle and 1 drop of v-6.
- Deodorant: Combine with tea tree essential oil to enhance its properties to be used in outdoor candles, sprays, lotions and any other camping purposes.
- Spray: Create a DIY summer bug repellent spray by combining 10 drops of Peppermint, 8 drops of Citronelle, 8 drops of Purification oil, 4 oz of distilled water, 4 oz of witch hazel. Mix well on an 8oz of spray bottle.
- Diffuse: insert 3-6 drops of Citronelle Essential Oil with distilled water in a diffuser for a refreshing scent. Diffuse up to 30 minutes, 3 times a day.
[ How to use ]
- Apply topically before and during outdoor activities.
- Use Citronella's bright scent to sweeten a custom fragrance or diffusion blend.
- Apply topically to refresh and moisturize skin.
- Use as an alternative to deodorant. Combine with Tea Tree essential oil for added strength.
- Create a DIY floating candle bowl to create a peaceful ambiance and pleasant aroma during outdoor parties.
Topical: Dilute 1 drop with 1 drop of V-6™ or olive oil and apply to desired area as needed.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 30 minutes 3 times daily.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
Storage: Keep in a cool, dark place.
[ Size ] 15 ml (0.5 oz) ~ 300 drops of essential oil
[ Ingredients ]
- Cymbopogon nardus† (Citronella) oil
- †100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil
- Geraniol (18-30%)
- Trans-Lethyl Isoeugenol (4-10%)
- Geranyl Acetate (5-10%)
- Borneol (3-8%)
- ORAC: 312,000 uTE/100g