QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
With a bright and refreshing citrus scent, Lime essential oil smells just like freshly sliced limes. When diffused this summery aroma can uplift your environment. Lime oil has a versatile scent that complements most other citrus essential oils such as Lemon, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Orange, and Tangerine.
If you’re feeling uninspired, try diffusing Lime oil for a bright, refreshing aroma that may clear a path to greater creativity. This quality also makes Lime a great choice for diffusing in classrooms and children’s play areas. Lime can also support radiant skin! Try adding a couple of drops to your favorite nighttime moisturizer for healthier-looking skin. Because Lime is a citrus oil, it may cause photosensitivity, so be sure to avoid applying it to exposed skin before spending time in the sun.
Lime is an important ingredient in Thieves® Fruit & Veggie Wash and Common Sense™ and Stress Away™ essential oil blends.
- Lime Essential Oil carries invigorating and stimulating effects that can help on mental clarity and encourage creativity.
- Lime (Citurs latifolia or C.aurantifolia Swingle) is original from C. latifolia: Mexico, C.aurantifolia Swingle: Southeast Asia.
- The extraction method of Lime Essential Oil is cold expression from the rind of the unripe fruit.
- Lime is best known to be used to help support a healthy immune system.
- May provide antioxidant support and help in a balanced weight management.
[ Tips from Skin18 ]
- Skincare: Best for insect bites. Can create a refreshing cleanser by adding 1-2 drops to your cleanser.
- Healthcare: Dilute 1 portion of Lime Oil to 1 portion of V-6 vegetable oil, apply directly to chakras / vita flex points. Best for sore throat, relief stress, empower energy, liver support or bladder infections.
- Inhale: Can inhale directly for a bright, refreshing aroma that may clear the mindset.
- Spray: add 2-3 drops of Lime Oil to distill water and spray at home for a refreshing scent.
- Diffuse: insert 3-6 drops of Lime Essential Oil with distilled water in a diffuser. Diffuse up to 30 minutes, 3 times a day.
- Anti-Odors: Add 3-4 drops of oil to a box of baking soda and keep it in the refrigerator to absorb odors.
- DIY tips: Can use oil for cooking - add to cakes, muffins & cheesecake / juice & drinking water / salad dressings.
[ How to use ]
- For an aroma that helps you feel inspired and uplifted, diffuse 8–10 drops of Lime in your favorite diffuser. For variety combine it with other citrus oils such as Lemon, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Orange, and Tangerine.
- For an extra boost of citrus throughout the house, add a few drops of Lime to household cleaners. To freshen your refrigerator, add several drops to a box of baking soda and keep it in the refrigerator to absorb odors.
Topical: Dilute 1 drop with 1 drop of V-6™ or olive oil and apply to desired area as needed.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 30 minutes 3 times daily.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Avoid direct sunlight or UV rays for up to 48 hours after applying product.
[ Size ] 15 ml (0.5 oz) ~ 300 drops of essential oil
[ Ingredients ]
- Citrus aurantifolia† (Lime) oil
- †100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil
- Limonene (42-50%)
- Gamma-Terpinene (8-11%)
- Beta-Pinene (18-24%)