However there is no need to wait that long until you start your anti-aging routine. First of all with proper skin care habits from an early age, you can significantly reduce the need to resort to anti-aging creams later on. Here are some things you can bear in mind when it comes to starting an anti-aging routine.
- Proper cleansing should start even if you are in your twenties.
- Scrub your skin well at night so as to allow it to recover while you are sleeping. Exfoliating at least three times a week while you are in your twenties and thirties is a good rule of thumb.
- Avoid astringent toning products and go for toners that are hydrating and good for circulation.
- One of the areas that are most prone to wrinkling is the skin around the eyes. This is because it is so thin. That is why it is a good idea to start applying a basic hydrating eye cream even in your thirties.
- Sunscreen protection is indispensable as it can significantly reduce signs of aging.
- Later on you can start to apply glycolic acid products as these help to regenerate the skin, and to reduce acne and blackheads.
- When the first signs of wrinkles appear, you can then start to apply anti-wrinkling creams. These help to reduce areas that start to look rather puffy or saggy, along with hiding away lines and wrinkles.