What Can I Do to Reduce My Risk of Skin Cancer? Avoid the sun & keep feeding nutrition to your skin!!
It has been found out that taking the food high in antioxidants can help to fight off the cellular damage which may be caused by the ultraviolet from the sun which is a risk factor to the skin cancer as recorded by the dermatologists. The ultraviolet leads to the free radicals that damage the DNA. This may alter the skin DNA and it may turn cancerous and it can start to replicate. When you take a good level of antioxidants, it will reduce the free radicals in the system and it will prevent or it can slow down the growth of the cancer. Using sun care products like bb cream on a daily basis is also a way to protect skin that has a high chance of exposing to the sun.
If you want to fight off the cancer, make sure that you are taking the following diet:
- Vegetables: even if you may be eating enough vegetables, you have to make sure that it includes dark green with orange. Green vegetables like beet leaves, spinach, kale, cauliflower and broccoli have skin cancer protection if they are taken in a high quantity.
- Take fish regularly to ensure that your skin is healthy. Omega 3 fatty found in fatty fish and shellfish protects the body against the inflammation and it doubles up like the melanoma protection. Fish oily also protects the non melanoma skin cancer which may not be that deadly.
- Consider herbs: being able to add the herbs to your fish, chicken, soup or salad or other things that you like to eat, it is going to add the flavor to your food while at the same time it is going to fortify the skin. Herbs have enough antioxidants and basil, parsley, rosemary and fresh sage may lead to high benefits.
- Take tea: take tea after being exposed to the sun since it can help to reduce the cellular damage that has been set in because of the exposure to the sun. The polyphenol antioxidants found in the black tea may inhibit protein needed for the cancer of the skin to grow. They also make the cancer to starve when there is limitation of the blood that goes to the tumors.
- Drink wine: the components found in the wine like the resveratrol or catechins are able to fight off the tumors and they inhibit growth of the cancer cells.
The foods that are rich in antioxidants are not only fancy but they can also make the difference in protecting against cancer. These are the food that has beta carotene, lutein, lycopene, selenium, vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E.
Exposed to the sun? Not...
Being exposed to the sun may also lead to skin cancer but young people and children are more at risk compared toadult, when a child gets sunburn when she is still young, he risks getting skin cancer in his late life. People who should be careful are people who have a fair skin that burns strongly at the sun: when you have fair and red hair, when you suffer many freckles and moles, if you have the history of the skin cancer in the family or if you had already suffered the sunburn when you were still young. You can protect yourself against sunburn, by spending time in the shade, wearing sunglasses and hat and to use sunscreen.