What you should know regarding Sensitive skin
What you should know regarding sensitive skin
There are many people who claim that their skins are sensitive because when they come into contact with certain things and stimuli, tightness, redness, burning, and stinging can actually occur. They can also claim to have sensitive skin when the skin feels uncomfortable when it comes into contact with different things even without the pain factor coming in.
Diagnosis from dermatologists
When the dermatologists need to diagnose sensitive skin, there are some things that they look out for. These include:
- Skin reactions such as skin erosion, skin bumps and pustules
- Dry skin that doesn’t protect the skin’s nerve endings well
- A tendency toward skin flushing and blushing
How to know that your skin is indeed sensitive and the causes
You should have a skin checkup conducted by a qualified dermatologist. This is the greatest way to discover whether it is sensitive skin or another underlying cause for the skin condition that you may be having.
There are many things that can lead to sensitive skin reactions. These include things such as:
- Different skin disorders or different allergic reactions like the allergic contact dermatitis, rosacea and eczema.
- Injured skin or skin that is too dry and cannot be able to protect the many nerve endings leading to a wide range of reactions.
- The excessive exposure to various environmental factors that are skin damaging like wind, sun as well as cold and heat all in excess.
- Race, age, gender and different genetic factors and differences in the skin sensitivity are bot well defined in their role leading to the skin reactions.
Can medical tests be done?
There are different ways in which a dermatologist can be able to identify that you are indeed having some signs if the allergies which cause or contribute to the worsening of sensitive skin. A patch test can be one of the most basic methods that the doctor may apply in finding the reason why you skin is reacting. Testing sensitive skin can be a bit tricky due to the fact that so many factors may be behind it.
Men and sensitive skin
The skin of a man is just as important as that of a woman. There are different skin disorders or even skin allergic reactions like allergic contact dermatitis, rosacea and eczema can actually affect men too. Injured skin or skin that is too dry cannot be able to protect skin nerve endings and this causes several kin reactions.
Exposure to harsh environmental factors can cause great damage the skin of a man. There are other factors that are not too well designed but the main thing is that even men can actually be victims too.
Ways to care for your sensitive skin
Cleansing is one of the ways in which sensitive skin can be taken care of. Sensitive skin reacts differently to various cleansing methods. Deodorant soaps and fragranced soaps have got strong detergents that aren’t good for the skin.
Moisturizing can also prove to very helpful. You need to know that full skin care has to be taken on the skin so as to restore it and aid it in all ways possible. Understanding your skin sensitivity is a great thing since you will be aware of the things to do and those that you shouldn’t do. Take your time to do your research and learn as much as you can on how to care for the skin.
There are lots of products available in our markets today and some claim to be magic products that deal with all sorts of issues at the same time. You need to be smart when it comes to the products. Know that a product is actually all about the ingredients that have been used in its creation. Read through labels and know what you are putting on the skin. Do not be too quick to use a new product just because you have heard it works wonders.
The best trick in trying new products is to actually try it on a very small part of the skin and not directly on the face. This can be an amazing way to find the best match for your skin. Reading reviews in case of online products as well as a little research on the internet regarding the same products can also prove to be really helpful especially when you are trying to gather more information on certain products that may be interesting you.
One of the best places to look for your sensitive skin products is skin18.com. At skin18.com, there are lots of products that can be sued on sensitive skin and some of the best include:
- Ben and sera ATO-K Atopic project serum for sensitive skin
- Banila co. clean it ZERO +puritu for snesnitive skin
- Grinif Galactomyces Treatment Toner
- Holika Holika Skin & Good Cera Steam Foaming Wash
- Holika Holika Skin & Good Cera Ultra Toner
- More... click here for more