DIY Homemade mask recipe - Veggie
Vegetables are healthy for consumption but can also be really good on our skin because of presence of vital ingredients that can be used in cosmetics.
Generally,the Parsley-Tomato home made mask this article focuses on, will be having cosmetic ingredients contained in veggies;
- Vitamins-Is very essential on our skins and lack of vitamins lead to sagging and early wrinkling of the skin. The most important vitamin required by the skin are vitamins C, B and E.
- Organic acids which are natural oxidants, safe guarding the skin against harmful radicals in the environment and also harmful substances the skin gets in contact with.
- Micro-nutrients which facilitates the building of skin cells. The skin needs potassium,magnesium, aluminum and zinc which nourish and protects the skin giving it an elastic and younger look.
It is also important to note that minerals and vitamins are mostly present in raw or uncooked veggies and so for the home made veggie mask it is advised to use fresh vegetables.
Before embarking on making vegetable masks, it is important to know the type of skin one has so as to select the right type of vegetable to use. For example, a person with an oily skin is advised to use tomato mask because it has organic acids that dissolves excess oil. lts juice should be applied on the face and left to stay for 20 minutes before rinsing.
A dry skin will need a mask made from egg plant because of its moisturizing properties and can be cut and the strips put on the face avoiding the eye areas for 15 minutes then rinsed off the face with warm water.
- 1 Cup of fresh parsley
- 1/2 carrot unpeeled
- 1 unpeeled cucumber
- 1 tomato
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
This time round, our center of interest will be home made vegetable mask for a normal skin.
- Blend the parsley,cucumber and tomato until fine.
- Add cornmeal and honey to form a paste.
- Apply the mixture generously on the face and leave for 25 minutes. The eyes, nose and mouth should be avoided.
- Rinse off the face with warm water.
Veggies and their important characteristics :Parsley:
- Parsley contains vitamin C and antioxidants which are very helpful in balancing oil production , preventing skin discoloration and inflammation.
- It has beta-carotene for repairing the skin and preventing it from wrinkling.
- Its vitamin C and K help lighten the skin especially around the eyes.
- Presence of volatile oils in parsley act as anti fungal and anti bacteria fighting skin infections.
- They posses vitamin C and antioxidants that maintain the skin's glow.
- It has collagen which is a type of protein that maintains the skin elasticity which slows down wrinkling.
- Carrots contain vitamin A which carotenoids that help the skin resist harsh sun rays.
- They are also rich in potassium which prevents the skin from drying.
- They are full of antioxidants like iron and potassium that fight free radicals.
- Their acidity nature help in dissolving oils thus preventing the skin from being too oily and also assists in fighting acne.
- The water in them help balance the skin's moisture.
- The other two ingredients are not vegetables but are also important in this particular mask.
- Honey has organic properties that are very helpful in maintaining a great skin.
- It treats and prevents acne,spots and scars.
- Its antimicrobial properties aids in cleansing the pores.
- The wax in honey gives the skin a shinny, smooth and moist look.
- Cornmeal helps in removal of excess oils, dirt,dead skin, fade scar and treat acne. I t also has nutrients like iron and zinc which the skin needs.
Finally,making home made masks is a cheap and effective way of taking care of ones skin. It also helps us avoid using harsh products that contain manufactured chemicals and going the natural way.
This mask can be used once a week and it is easy and fun to make.The ingredients are also readily available so no excuse for an unhealthy skin!!