Vegetables are healthy for consumption but can also be useful on our skin because of the presence of vital ingredients that can be used in cosmetics.
Generally, the Parsley-Tomato homemade mask this article focuses on will have cosmetic ingredients in veggies;
- Vitamins-Is very essential on our skins and lack of vitamins leads to sagging and early wrinkling of the skin. An essential vitamin required by the skin are vitamins C, B, and E.
- Organic acids are natural oxidants, safeguarding the skin against harmful radicals in the environment, and toxic substances the skin gets in contact in everyday life.
- Micro-nutrients which facilitates the building of skin cells. The skin needs potassium, magnesium, aluminum, and zinc, which nourish and protects the skin giving it an elastic and younger look.
It is also important to note that minerals and vitamins are mostly present in raw or uncooked veggies, and so for the homemade veggie mask, it is advised to use fresh vegetables.
Before embarking on making vegetable masks, it is important to know the type of skin one has to select the right kind of vegetable to use. For example, a person with oily skin is advised to use a tomato mask because it has organic acids that dissolve excess oil. Its juice should be applied on the face and left to stay for 20 minutes before rinsing.
Dry skin will need a mask made from eggplant because of its moisturizing properties and can be cut and the strips put on the face avoiding the eye areas for 15 minutes, then rinsed off the face with warm water.
- 1 cup of fresh parsley
- 1/2 carrot unpeeled
- 1 unpeeled cucumber
- 1 tomato
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 drop of Blue Tansy essential oil (optional)
This time around, our center of interest will be the homemade vegetable mask for healthy skin.
- Blend the parsley, cucumber, and tomato until fine.
- Add cornmeal and honey to form a paste.
- Apply the mixture generously on the face and leave for 25 minutes. The eyes, nose, and mouth should be avoided.
- Rinse off the face with warm water.
Veggies and their important characteristics :
- Parsley contains vitamin C and antioxidants, which help balance oil production, preventing skin discoloration and inflammation.
- It has beta-carotene for repairing the skin and preventing it from wrinkling.
- Its vitamin C and K help lightening the skin, especially around the eyes.
- The presence of volatile oils in parsley acts as anti-fungal and anti-bacteria-fighting skin infections.
- They possess vitamin C and antioxidants that maintain the skin's glow.
- It has collagen, which is a type of protein that supports skin elasticity, which slows down wrinkling.
- Carrots contain vitamin A which carotenoids that help the skin resist harsh sun rays.
- They are also rich in potassium, which prevents the skin from drying.
- They are full of antioxidants like iron and potassium that fight free radicals.
- Their acidity nature helps dissolve oils, thus preventing the skin from being too oily and assisting in fighting acne.
- The water in them helps balance the skin's moisture.
- The other two ingredients are not vegetables but are also important in this particular mask.
- Honey has organic properties that are very helpful in maintaining great skin.
- It treats and prevents acne, spots, and scars.
- Its antimicrobial properties aids in cleansing the pores.
- The wax in honey gives the skin a shiny, smooth, and moist look.
- Cornmeal helps remove excess oils, dirt, dead skin, fade scar, and treat acne. I t also has nutrients like iron and zinc, which the skin needs.
Blue Tansy Essential Oil
- Blue Tansy is an elite, luxurious essential oil with a sweet, floral aroma that is great for your skin and has cleansing, soothing, and hydrating properties.
Finally, making homemade masks is a cheap and effective way of taking care of one's skin. It also helps us avoid using harsh products that contain manufactured chemicals and going the natural way.
This mask can be used once a week, and it is easy and fun to make. The ingredients are also readily available, so no excuse for unhealthy skin!!
For further information, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.