Coconut Oil has been in the mainstream media recently when it comes to proper skin care and rightfully so. Coconut oil has many beneficial properties. Coconuts contain vitamin E which is vital for younger looking skin. It also contains naturally occurring antibacterial and anti-fungal properties which helps reduce breakouts by getting rid of dirt without having to expose your skin to harsh chemicals.
Here are four recipes for DIY homemade masks using coconut oil:
Recipe #1: Clear blackheads with Baking Soda and Coconut Oil
- 1 TBSP Coconut oil
- 1 Drop of Frankincense essential oil
- 1 TSP Baking soda
- Mix Coconut Oil and baking soda in a small bowl.
- Stir ingredients until a paste is formed.
- If necessary, add small amounts of baking soda until you achieve a paste like consistency.
- Add 1 drop of Frankincense essential oil
Apply the mask to your face and let it sit for 5 minutes. Then, gently rub small circles all over your face for 2 minutes to remove dead skin cells. Make sure to spend extra time in the areas you have blackheads (nose, chin, and forehead.) Last, rinse your face with cool to luke warm water and pat dry. Apply this mask up to three times per week.
Recipe #2: Anti-Aging Mask with Coconut Oil, Avocado, and Nutmeg
- 1 whole avocado
- 4 TBSP Coconut oil
- 2 Drops of Geranium essential oil
- 2 TSP Nutmeg
- Remove the skin from the avocado.
- Mash the avocado into a paste.
- Add the Coconut oil and Geranium essential oil into the avocado.
- Stir in the nutmeg.
Apply the mask to your skin and let it sit for 15 minutes. Rinse with cool or lukewarm water to remove the mixture. Pat your skin dry.
Recipe #3: Moisturize your skin with Coconut Oil and Honey
- 2 TSP Coconut Oil
- 1.5 TSP Raw Honey
- 1 Drop Lavender essential oil (Optional)
- Mix raw honey with coconut oil and Lavender essential oil (if desired) using a toothpick or small spoon.
- If the consistency is sticky instead of thick, place the mixture in the refrigerator for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Once the mixture has started to harden whip with a spoon.
Wash your face. Apply the face mask across your whole face using a circular motion. Leave the mask on for 10 - 15 minutes. To remove use a wash cloth and warm water. Let the warm wash cloth sit on your face for 15 - 20 seconds, and then gently wipe the mask away. Rinse and repeat as needed.
Recipe #4: Lemon, Yogurt, and Coconut Oil Face Mask to combat Oily Skin
- 1/2 TBSP Coconut Oil
- 1/2 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 1 TBSP Yogurt
- 1 Drop of Ylang Ylang essential oil (optional)
Mix coconut oil, lemon juice, Ylang Ylang essential oil and yogurt together in a small bowl.
Wash your face. Apply a thick amount of the mixture to make a mask over your whole face. Leave the mask on for 15 minutes. To remove use a wash cloth and warm water. Let the warm wash cloth sit on your face for 15 - 20 seconds, and then gently wipe the mask away. Rinse and repeat as needed.
Coconut oil is good for the skin for many reasons. It is one of the only sources of medium-chain fatty acids. Medium-chain fatty acids, specifically Lauric Acid, has antibacterial, antiviral, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory benefits. Coconut Oil is not only an incredible moisturizer but also helps reduce the bacteria that causes acne and other skin conditions.
For further information, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.