The Ultimate Guide to BB Cream
What is the whole fuss about BB Cream?
The 20th century has seen several inventions that have made our lives easier: the entry of the BB cream into every household has brought about the greatest revolution in the world of Skincare. These magic creams not only make the skin look flawless, almost without a blemish, but they also deliver several skincare benefits.
However these moisturizers, foundations, SPF hybrids with several showy advertisements can also be increasingly confusing. There can be several questions popping into the minds of the buyer: Are the BB creams as good as their regular tinted moisturizer? Can they be used for every skin tone? Which one should be chosen for oily skin? In an attempt to make things simpler for our users, we have tried to cover the A, B, and C of the world of BB Cream in a single article.
What is a BB Cream?
A whole range of BB Cream was first discovered in German laboratories and its usage exploded the Korean market. These creams were initially used by laser-treatment patients to reduce the post-surgical redness of their skin.
These creams often called the Beauty Balms or Blemish Balms (BB) can multi-task and play several roles, thereby becoming every busy woman’s best friend. BB Cream is a versatile skincare product which promises to do the job of six individual skincare products single-handedly: moisturizer, primer, sunscreen, repairer, concealer and foundation.
In the words of dermatologist Jessica Wu, “Before the advent of BB Cream every woman went through six different steps to take care of her skin, but now they use the BB Cream instead in order to shorten that regimen.”
How exactly does the BB Cream work on our skin?
The secret behind a BB Cream’s efficiency lies in the ingredients incorporated in these products:
- BB Creams offer effective protection against the Sun, as it contains a broad spectrum of SPF 30 or even higher.
- They sometimes contain zinc oxide or titanium oxide which has inherent water-resistant properties, making the skin look tighter and younger.
- They mostly contain peptides and anti-oxidants such as Vitamins A, E and C which act as very good anti-ageing components.
- Due to presence of hyaluronic acid and glycerin, BB Creams are recommended for their moisturizing ability.
- It often helps in evening out skin tone, because of the core ingredients like Licorice and Arbutus.
- Light-reflecting Mica is another key constituent of BB Cream which gives our skin a luminous look.
- The silicone-based chemicals like Dimethazone which makes the skin smooth, and works as efficiently as a foundation primer does.