About Brain Power: Aromatherapy 001 to 012 from Skin18
- Plants produce vigorous chemicals in their evolution to protect themselves. Similarly, concentrated essential oils provide the same protection to our body and offer a wide range of benefits. Essential oils directly stimulate our brain's limbic system, opening up the memory of emotions stored in DNA. Out of the human's five basic senses: sight, hearing, touch, smell, and taste; the smell is the closest one that links with memory out of others.
- The brain perceives smell through the nose, along with the fragrances that enter the air we breathe in. The process is known as orthonasal olfaction.
- When we smell something, we react first and then deal with what happened accordingly. For example, when you walk into a room diffused with a flowery lavender essential oil, the relaxation occurs before realizing consciousness on smelling lavender. Another example, when someone is baking cookies, the smell will trigger the brain with a message of feeling hungry before realizing that there is a need to satisfy hunger. Therefore, essential oils can directly affect our brain, thus affecting the delicate emotions.
There are a total of 12 combination suggested from Skin18. Click to the image for aromatherapy recipe:
Ways for Aromatherapy:
- Diffuse with Young Living diffuser or other electricity diffuser.
- Warm up essential oil with tea light candle warmer.
- Direct inhalation (essential oils on palm/bottle/tissue/cotton ball)
- Aromatherapy Sprays (spray bottle + essential oils + clean water + dispersant agent [solubol])
- Steam Inhalation (basin + essential oils + boiling water)
- Aromatherapy Baths (bath tub + essential oils + vegatable oils + salt + dispersant agent [solubol])
- Aromatherapy dilution (glass bottle + essential oils [10-20%] + vegetable oils [80-90%])
- Aromatherapy lotion (lotion container + unscented white lotion/cream + essential oils [<10%] + vegetable oils [>90%])
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.