About Calm & Sleep: Aromatherapy 032 - Sleepy Combination
Not feeling sleepy or feeling awake when it is time for bed? This sleeping disorder is called Insomnia, the inability to sleep well at night mostly caused by various reasons - a health condition, mental stress, depression, anxiety, jet lag, excitement, food/drinks right before bedtime. Do not neglect this "minor" sleeping issue as lack of beauty sleep on the body can lead to many health problems in the future. This Sleepy combination aroma recipe can definitely help:
- Vetiver can provide a calming and ground effect on emotions. It can also relieve stress from nervousness or insomnia. It is the best oil to soothe anxiety during bedtime from an awakened mind to a sleepy brain. A research done by PMC on 36 participants measured respiration on a different stage of sleeping time with aroma, Vetiver & Lavender. Both oils significantly increase exhalation quality and decrease inhalation. Directly speaking, it helps people to go to sleep, especially those who snore heavily.
- Lavender is the most potent oil for relaxing sleep; it is widely recognised as a natural sleeping aid. This flower works as an anxiety reliever to increase relaxation and calm; it quiets the brain and nervous system activity to reduce anger, aggression, and restlessness.
- Frankincense oil can ground mind and the body, it is the best sleeping aid as it can first relieve stress then promote relaxation.
- Scared Sandalwood contains a woody and earthly scent, from ancient history, it has been using for relaxation and anxiety relief. It is useful in easing anxiety symptoms and reducing wakefulness.
Recipes for Aromatherapy 032 - Sleepy Combination
- 3 drops of Vetiver essential oil
- 3 drops of Lavender essential oil
- 2 drops of Frankincense essential oil
- 2 drops of Sacred Sandalwood essential oil
* This aromatherapy recipes proportions to an electronics diffuser that contains approximately 180ml of water (about ¾ cup of water) or dilution of 10-20% of total essential oils with 80-90% of vegetable oils (V6)
* It is strongly recommending users to read detailed instruction on this page: Introduction to Skin18 Aromatherapy before applying suggesting recipes for aromatherapy.
Ways for Aromatherapy:
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.