About Calm & Sleep: Aromatherapy 031 - Falling Asleep to Dream
Is dreaming a good thing or not? Have you ever have a night of sleep with no dreams?
Dreaming is part of sleeping during the REM* stage; it is a process when the brain activates after approximately 90-100 minutes of falling asleep. At this stage, memories in the brain lead to dreams, and this is why we always have dreams related to real-life experiences or imagination. It is a usual practice, and it can reflect healthy mental wellness when sweet dreams occur.
If you are a "no dreaming" person, it is also absolutely normal as there are many people who might not be able to recall dreams after waking up. There are not unhealthy prove to this at all. In fact, a restful night can encourage dream memory, which might stimulate balanced mental health. Try this aromatherapy to encourage dreams tonight.
* REM means Rapid Eye Movement, a stage of a sleeping pattern when the brain reactivated, as active as the awakening stage.
- Cedarwood is the best oil for meditation, and it helps to create a calm and comfortable atmosphere when diffused. It creates a comforting atmosphere when diffused. A lot of DIY focus roller also include cedarwood as it has a substantial benefit for calming.
- Lavender is the most potent oil for relaxing sleep; it is widely recognised as a natural sleeping aid. This flower works as an anxiety reliever to increase relaxation and calm; it quiets the brain and nervous system activity to reduce anger, aggression, and restlessness.
- Palo Santo, in Spanish, translation means Holy wood in English; it is a kind of wild tree initially from Ecuador. In the ancient time, it was a spiritual healing holy stick and used to burn for cleaning up evil spirits. Besides its mythological story, the benefit of diffusing Palo Santo is to get rid of negative energy, which is why this is chosen to be one of the falling asleep aids.
Recipes for Aromatherapy 031 - Falling Asleep to Dream
- 4 drops of Cedarwood essential oil
- 3 drops of Lavender essential oil
- 3 drops of Palo Santo essential oil
* This aromatherapy recipes proportions to an electronics diffuser that contains approximately 180ml of water (about ¾ cup of water) or dilution of 10-20% of total essential oils with 80-90% of vegetable oils (V6)
* It is strongly recommending users to read detailed instruction on this page: Introduction to Skin18 Aromatherapy before applying suggesting recipes for aromatherapy.
Ways for Aromatherapy:
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.